I thought I was done traveling for a while but the day I got back from Europe, I was invited to my friend Aditya's wedding in Ahmedabad a city in western India a couple hundred miles from Pakistan.
So how could I pass up the chance to be in a traditional Indian wedding. And I figure, if I'm going to go to India, I might as well stay for a while with the living costs (--> ), so I'm staying for a month and then visiting Germany for a couple of weeks.
I'm pretty excited to see a new place and eat some authentic Indian food, not to mention participating in the traditional wedding of twin brothers should be pretty awesome. This blogpost serves as a kickoff for this trip. Haven't really done much planning yet but here're some thoughts...
Some things I'm planning for India:
- 5 days of wedding!?
- Kerala backwaters touring the rivers of southern India
- Yoga with some Indian yogis
- Party in Goa, the beach town from the Bourne movie
- Rent a motorbike and ride across the countryside
- Tiger sanctuary
- Trekking in the mountains with Everest views